An online forum for MAPP communities
When the time comes to select certain software to help you conduct your community health assessments, there are many things to keep in mind. There's a lot of software out there, and many can be extremely expensive. When looking at different features and making a decision on purchasing one, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- How easy is it to add new indicators, especially important ones to your community partners and residents?
- Is there flexibility in how data is managed and presented? If so, are there costs associated with changing options?
- Can new, publicly available data (e.g. county health rankings, census) be easily updated to allow for tracking change over time? Are there costs associated with these updates?
- Can the data be analyzed and mapped at the sub-county level by census-track, neighborhood, or street level?
- Can you do cross tabulations with variables such as race, ethnicity, age, education, etc.?
When the time comes to select software and you'd like more information or some MAPP-recommended resources, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.