Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships Training
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) Training scholarship. MAPP is a community-owned strategic planning process informed by comprehensive assessments for improving the public’s health. MAPP works as a framework to help communities prioritize public health issues, identify resources for addressing them, and take action. As a MAPP training participant, you will learn the nuts and bolts of the MAPP process, hear stories from the field from MAPP users, and gain concrete skills for engaging community organizations, partners, and community members in your MAPP process.
Before you apply for the MAPP scholarship, please be sure you have read and fully understand the following:
- This is an introductory level training. The goal is for participants to leave the training with the knowledge to be able to initiate the MAPP process in their own communities.
- The scholarship is for the MAPP training registration fee ($1,500 for NACCHO members, $2,000 for non-member health departments, and $3,000 for all others) and does not include travel and lodging. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for travel, lodging, and all other travel-related expenses.
- To qualify for a MAPP training scholarship, applicants must be from a local, state, tribal, or territorial health department OR a HRSA-funded grantee or health center.
- NACCHO staff will evaluate and score all applications based on need and content.
- You do not need to be a NACCHO member to apply. However, priority will be given to NACCHO members and organizations that can demonstrate meaningful partnerships with NACCHO members. Priority will also be given to applicants that are applying as a team (e.g., multiple partners from the same community).
- If you are applying as a team please submit one application with all the names of the participants you would like to attend the MAPP Training.
- Training recipients must agree to complete 6-month and 12-month follow-up surveys.
- All Atlanta, GA MAPP training scholarship applications are due by 8:00 PM EST on Friday, Jan. 23, 2015.
- All awards will be made two weeks following the listed application deadline.
- The Atlanta MAPP Training will be April 13-14, 2015.
Please contact MAPP (email@example.com) with any questions or feedback about the site. We are continuously looking for new ways to improve the MAPP Network.
All the Best,
Senior Administrative Assistant
National Association of County and City Health Officials
1100 17th Street NW, Seventh Floor
Washington, DC 20036
Direct Line: 202-507-4211