If your question is not answered here, please E-mail email@example.com
or contact the site manager
What is the difference between a blog and a discussion?
Simply put, blog posts are unidirectional while discussions are
more interactive. The blog is used to post news stories related to
public health. On the main page, you can view the most recent blog
posts in the "news feed" section.
The discussion board is a great way to interact with other members,
discuss news, share experiences, and voice your opinions. Getting
started on the discussion forum is easy. You can reply to an
existing discussion or start your own. You can also choose to
follow a discussion, which means you'll be notified by email when
there are new replies to that discussion.
How do I change my E-mail settings?
Your profile comes with many types of notifications that allow you
to receive emails about new activity on the MAPP Network.
To change your Email settings:
1. Click on the "Settings" link in the right column of any
2. Next, click "Email" on the left.
3. The next page displays all of the different types of
notifications you'll receive. Check or uncheck the boxes to set
your notifications, then click "save" at the bottom of the
4. If you don't want to receive any email notifications, you can
check the box next to "I don't want to receive emails from MAPP
Network" at the bottom of the page. Keep in mind this means you
will not know when you are sent personal messages until you sign
in, and you also will not receive broadcast messages from the
Network Creator and Administrators. If you decide to receive
notifications again, uncheck this box and click "Save" to bring
back your previous email settings.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, first sign into the MAPP Network.
1.Click on the "Settings" link in the upper right corner of the
2.Click "Change" next to the password field.
3.Enter your current password in the first field. Then enter your
new password in the second field. Confirm your new password in the
4.Click "Save" to confirm your changes.
How do I change my profile picture?
To change your photo:
1. Go to the “My Page” tab
2. On the left-hand side, under your demographic information,
you’ll see: “Manage My Page or Photo”
3. Click on the hyperlinked “Photo”
4. Click on “browse” found at the top of the page
5. Select the image you’d like to use
6. Click on “Save” at the bottom of the page
7. Your new image should appear within a few seconds
How do I add myself to the member map?
1. Navigate to the
2. Click "Add" in the upper right-hand corner of the Map.
3. Type in your address in the first text line. If you are
uncomfortable using your address, use the address of something
nearby or simply put in the city, state and zip code of your
4. In the next line, type in your name and include your title and
any credentials you would like displayed (i.e. Jane Smith, MPH,
Director of New York Health Department)
5. Click "save" and the map will update with your information.